How to convince your subconscious mind when the time is not yours?
We often get weak when we are depressed. That’s the only time you need to convince your subconscious mind and make things work for you. It’s hard but achievable provided you believe in the power of your subconscious mind. Destiny is one element that you can’t control but you can certainly control your thoughts.
Learn to convince your subconscious mind
It took me a decade to understand what gives me peace and self-respect other than family. Writing has always been an important part of my life but now was the time, I wanted to make it official. I wanted to turn my passion into a profession. Days, months and years were gone in symbolising myself as a writer in my subconscious that further strengthened my desire to become one.
At that time, I was listening to the audiobook The power of your subconscious mind by Joseph Murphy. It engaged a larger part of me thinking about the way I want to be in future. I was living my usual life but my dreams were different. As you settle down to sleep, think of all things you want in life and believe in achieving them. At this point, the conscious mind is at its weakest and there are fewer chances it will alter your thoughts. Analyse yourself as you want to be. For numerous years, I have dreamt myself writing professionally and achieving appreciation.
From the time I was growing, I had a habit of not asking money for my needs be it from my parents or later from my husband. However, many of my friends told me that I am over-thinking and it’s not wrong to ask for your right. But I have a difference of opinion here and I continue to be one. Instead, I thought differently and it took me years to become financially independent from the creativity I am born with. It took long but I am thankful to my God and feel proud to say ‘This one is for you, God’
How did I keep myself motivated when the time was not mine?
I don’t believe too much in astrology. Once I was sitting with my family who were busy asking their future from an astrologer. As he turned towards me, he told me that I will be doing something related to writing and the bad phase of my life has finished. All I could say was that I never sensed I was going through a rough patch. How did this happen? Because I was busy mending my thoughts positive and looking at the bigger picture daily in my thoughts.
You always have a choice to either crib or strongly convince your subconscious mind to see better and larger things in life. I chose the second one.
How can you convince your subconscious mind?
- Time is not in your control but your thoughts are. Keep filling it with positive feelings.
- Whenever you think whatever you think, think only positive.
- Foresee your dream as reality. It didn’t bother me much when the time didn’t favour me as I was busy building my future. I don’t say that I didn’t feel depressed at times or cried but I dragged myself out and chose to feed positivity into my subconscious mind.
- As you sink into the well of negativity just take a deep breath and look around. See that you are alone. You only have to come out of that well and nobody’s going to help you. Change your mind. See what you want to be in future. See ahead and in no time you will come clean.
Every life journey is different and so are the difficulties but the method of achieving your dream remains one. Decide what you choose.
This post is a part of the #CauseAChatter campaign with Blogcahtter and I am talking about mental health. Why don’t you register and spread awareness?
Other posts in the series are
- Does talking about mental health make you mentally ill?
- Why do we rate happiness as the highest level of emotion?
- Are you convinced to take medical health treatment?
- 5 problems that don’t let you accept mental health issues
- How can simple habits at home keep you away from depression?
- Does your voice has the power to convince your subconscious mind?