Can you change your perspective to control your senses?
In the last post of the series, I discussed that we can control our senses better than our conscious and subconscious mind. Today, let’s put this concept into action and see its practical benefits. We can feel all our 5 senses and that’s why we can be observant as to how we react to a change in a particular sense? We can’t control instantly what we see, hear, taste, touch and smell but we can certainly change our perspective. The way we look at the situation and what story starts cooking up in our conscious mind?
And mind you, all senses are interconnected that’s why when we see something delicious, instantly our mouth starts watering!
Perspective through your eyes
So let’s start with the eyes only that connect us better with this world. What we see even once adds to our memory and affects our behaviour. You may not be even aware of it but if later you see these traits in the other person then you realise how awful it looks.
How can you control what you see?
- You can’t exactly close your eyes but the golden rule is to never react instantly. It will always spoil the situation further. I have experienced it a million times and realized later that when we give some time to absorb what we see, we understand the reason behind it better. This holds true for any of the other senses too.
- Again, it’s all about perspective. One person sees just a stone statue in the temple while another person sees God in that same statue. The way you grasp values while growing up shapes your personality. Accordingly, we react. It takes time to change them.
- Remember when you see a rasgulla after you have just exercised? Don’t you want to eat it? I know, I know many times you eat it. I also get weak. This is how your eyes trigger your tongue to feel the taste. Your conscious mind controls your senses and not the other way round.
- On the contrary, most of the times, you are able to be strong at heart and mind to say the big NO to sweet dishes and fried food in front of you. This is exactly when you are subconsciously clear and strongly control your senses.
What happens when you hear something?
If it’s good for you, you are happy thinking about it. But the real problem arises when you hear something that makes you unhappy. This is the time to control your monkey mind from making heaps of negative emotions within seconds.
Always, always listen to another side of the story and never react instantly. We all know how anger affects us. At that very moment, you lose patience and control over your conscious mind. You may be wanting to control the situation but anger wins when your subconscious mind fails.
It is all in the mind. Patience and forgiveness are the two qualities that make your subconscious mind, even more, stronger than you can think of. But yes, it is not a day’s play. You need to believe in your strategy and be prepared that results will take time to come but once you succeed, you are the boss of your emotions!
Stay tuned to read my next post on how can you control what you taste and feel?
Do you remember any instance where you have controlled your senses and felt the power?
Other posts in the series are
- How to train your brain and be powerful in life?
- How can you cut your desires and strengthen will power?
- How to win obstacles that shake your will power?
- How to do things that you just don’t like?
- Why does your subconscious mind fail to give results?
- How can critics make you more productive?
- Can you easily control the senses to empower your goal?
This is one cause that I have taken up to help everybody. To be free of the slavery of our hearts and to train your brain and get desired results. If you have a cause to champion, follow here