What happens after you achieve your goal
A goal is a word that we are listening since our childhoods. The term your teachers talk about, your family and later in life, most of you engross in achieving it. We often live another person’s dreams. Remember the times, your parents have said this to you that they wanted to be something but due to certain situations, they couldn’t achieve. So as a duty, you bear that burden of obliging them. But what happens after you achieve your goal?
When the goal was unclear
This happened with me too. While my friends were clear of their future, I was still thinking about what am I going to pursue? This led me to pick up my parents’ incomplete dreams. At one point, I wanted to be CA and the other moment an architect. Then different people in life have different suggestions for you shaking you off your goals.
So in total, I had no dreams and no goals to achieve. Simple. Life looked easy. But can this be for long? In the early 2000s, social media was outgrown into a successful platform which each one of us wanted to try. So did I. The internet was filled with job/profession updates of my friends and I still wondered do I have a goal?
A decade to realize that I have a goal
It took me 10 years to realize that writing is not just a hobby to me but should be changed into a profession. I strengthened my dreams and achieved them. I enjoyed this place for a long time with thankfulness in my every breath.
After enjoying this phase of my life I started thinking now what? Isn’t it human tendency to keep on chasing one goal after another? There’s no satisfaction level within us. There’s nothing in this world after which we don’t want anything else. There will always be one goal after another.
Every aspiration is different
Now that I am pretty happy writing and earning, I am chasing other people’s passion. I started doing what other professionals were doing little realizing that it’s their profession but to me it’s just one of my hobbies. I can’t make every other person’s profession my own.
It took me a while to check on reality; to accept that I can’t be like every other person. I am my own identity. While I pursued writing as my profession, I was pretty happy that this is my satisfaction level. But no. Humans tend to get bored of a place/designation if they don’t recreate the magic soon.
Exactly this started happening with me when I pinched myself and reminded what’s my first love? Why did I start it all in the first place?
Recreate that magic
- Focus also shifts or fades. It’s ok when you don’t want to do anything. This time helps to recreate something new out of the existing.
- There are sinking phases in life when you distract from what you loved the most. Still, never ignore it. Look at it daily to re-ignite that passion in you.
- Research more ways to rekindle your passion with a new approach.
- Talk to friends and know their thoughts.
- Spend some time to know how can you serve society from your services in a better way. There’s not a bigger pleasure than helping someone unknown.
- Read your own posts that speak of highly charged and motivated mind. You will feel the lost passion in you.
It’s important to train our brain the positive way. Use these tips to bring your subconcious mind back to love your passion once again.
Other posts in the series are
- How to train your brain and be powerful in life?
- How can you cut your desires and strengthen will power?
- How to win obstacles that shake your will power?
- How to do things that you just don’t like?
- Why does your subconscious mind fail to give results?
- How can critics make you more productive?
- Can you easily control the senses to empower your goal?
- Can you change your perspective to control your senses?
- Can you change your perspective to control your senses? Part 2
This is one cause that I have taken up to help everybody. If you have a cause to champion, follow here