How to do things that you just don’t like?
This is the next post in the series to train your brain to do things your way. It is easy to make up your mind for doing things that you like but were delayed for no reason. Here, you need to shift your focus to the right place and just start off. Your brain assures that no distractions come in the way until you finish and get up. But what about things that you just don’t like to do but it’s your responsibility to do? You need major training to convince your brain and finish the work.
Responsibilities that you just don’t like
Many things are so important to do irrespective of you like them or not. The daily chores are the best examples of this. You become a machine and you start and end all tasks with no emotions. Have you heard our elders saying,’jo bhi karo mann laga ke karo’. But when you just don’t like that thing then how do you love it and do?
Tricks that work for me
It is always exciting to share your experiences with all and let the readers choose their best trick. So here I go:-
- Don’t stop to think about whether you like a task or not. If it has to be done then just train your brain to stop adding emotions to it and let you just do it. Like, I simply don’t like to make chapatis but many times, I have to. So I realised that instead of cribbing over it, it is better to put on some good music in the kitchen till the time I finish chores. This helps me a lot. It is even better than gossiping with another family member and poisoning both the minds.
- But some tasks are even worst than cooking for me. Can you guess? Well, I just don’t like the feeling of homeschooling. I am the happiest person when kids spend time in school learning with their peers and playing. But, now under current circumstances, this is the need of the hour. I realised that my son is small to sit and study all by himself. He needs me even while watching videos because the worksheets are made out of it. I knew that if I will smile then only my child will happily study. So I am sitting with him from 8-12 daily. I feel I am wasting my time just sitting idle while he’s doing his work but that’s what motherhood is all about. If I smile then only I can make others smile.
Keep yourself motivated
It is not easy for me to smile when I feel like shouting. Because of this chaotic schedule, I am missing my morning walks and above all to be calm. So, I took out a solution. I get up an hour early, I do warm-up exercises at home and practice Bharatnatyam. Then I wake up kids and hence starts my day. But I must confess that there is another confusion also. I like to retire to bed with a novel and that means sleeping a little late and still getting up early. Again, if I laze around, get up late and miss my workout, it irritates me to the highest level.
The situation doesn’t seem to change as of now and I am experimenting with new schedules daily. But one thing I am confident of is that He has the answers to all problems. My little confusion will also get its solution soon. Until then, I smile and leave it on him. I am taking care of my kids, he is taking care of me. Until then, I am training my brain to be mechanical where I am not by heart.
A quick checklist
- Smile, smile and smile a lot
- Find different ways to smile that motivates you to finish off the worst things in life.
- See what works for you at what time and makes you happy, do that first. Like, I exercise at home before my kids start their homeschooling.
- Be strong and train your brain to do what’s right at the moment for you and not what your heart desires. Your heart will never let you finish the duties that you don’t like.
Is there a way that helps you finish things you don’t like? Please share it with me.
Can you relate to my story? This is one cause that I have taken up to help everybody. To be free of the slavery of our hearts and to train your brain and get desired results. If you have a cause to champion, follow here
Do subscribe to my newsletter to receive new ways to enjoy life and be happy