India’s Most Haunted by K. Hari Kumar
As a child, I have always been fascinated by mystery and horror. My mom was after my life to skip watching horror movies and serials as I used to fear in dreams. But, you are born with certain preferences that only grow with time. Like, CID has taught me a lot all through these years on how the forensic team works. Well, coming back to the present, this genre fascination has passed on to my daughter too. Now we are a team whenever we are on a book hunt and what’s better than book fairs? This 2020, on a freezing Jan morning with no sun around and a little drizzle, we both browsed through the mesmerizing smell of books. That’s when she pointed to a dark book cover and I read it’s title aloud ” India’s Most Haunted by K. Hari Kumar”. We turned the book to check out the blurb.
Do titles like ‘Haunted’ need a blurb?
My answer is No. When I come across this word, I instantly want to buy the book. No matter what the blurb is, I just check the cover and the next thing is I am paying for that book. Something interesting happened with this book too. As soon as, I read the title, I was convinced to buy the book because of two things. Primarily, it was based out of India and it said real stories. I thought I can relate to both things. After that as a ritual, I checked the blurb. It talked about Bhangarh Fort and I discussed with my daughter that we have visited this fort while we spent 2 days in Sariska. I was excited to know what the author has to say about this fort and is it contradictory to what I have heard when I visited the place?
K. Hari Kumar needs no introduction
You won’t believe me but by now I didn’t even realize who is the author of this book. When I read his name, I agreed upon the fact that he is an Indian writer who must have understood the stories and written the book. I started reading the book and instantly got connected to the author as well. Now, I wanted to know more about him. I searched him on social platforms and came to know that he’s already a star writer. His social presence and promotions of his book interested me more. This is when the author got another loyal follower and that’s me!
Why do I recommend this book without a second thought?
- All the stories are short and crisp. It just takes 7-10 min to finish a story.
- They don’t burden you to finish the book at once just because you started.
- You will enjoy reading 2 or 3 stories back to back when you want to relax and spark your brain with some real stories.
- The phrase ‘real stories’ always interests a reader.
- Horror stories don’t have a perfect ending. In fact, they don’t have an ending. You read the last lines, think about it a little and move on to the next story.
- If one of the places is the same as you visited, you involve more deeply with that story. There comes a contradiction of reasoning because every narrator has a different perspective on the same situation.
- The book title and cover design insist reader buy the book.
- His work speaks of his creativity more than his popularity. In fact, his storytelling will force you to search more about him and not the other way round.
About the author
Harikumar Krishnamoorthy, better known as K. Hari Kumar, is an Indian novelist and screenwriter born in Cochin, brought up in the suburbs of Gurgaon and currently residing in Mumbai. He is the bestselling author of horror and psychothriller. He was the first Indian bestseller of horror books on Amazon until 2018. You can follow him on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
You can also order the book here
Star-rating for the book