Have you seen the benefits of the rule Thou shalt be responsive?
Do you like when someone comments on your blog? Yes, I like it very much but I do remember to respond to that comment. This ensures that I have read the other person’s comment and I appreciate their time and patience to leave a comment on my blog. Do you also practice Thou shalt be responsive as a blogger?
Benefits of Thou shalt be responsive
- You build a connection with your reader. It signals that you come back to check any comments on your blog and thanks the visitor for their appreciation.
- Your response further encourages your readers to give suggestions that help you understand your audience better.
- Your responsiveness proves that your blog is human. It’s run by you and not by an automatic system.
- You change one time visitors of your blog to returning visitors by being responsive to them.
- You feel good when you talk to your visitors and want to write more.
Why should you be responsive to your readers?
Other than the benefits, there are a few more reasons to respond to your visitors. You prove your code of conduct. The people who read you get a sense of your character when you respond to their comments. You give them respect stating that their comment is helpful to analyse your conent further.
Keep yourself in their shoes and feel when someone responds to your comment. I feel very touched and happy that the person has read my comment and is replying back. It actually matters when you respond and make them your loyal audience. You become a good listener as well.
Are you following Thou shalt be responsive?
This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon 2021