How do you rate the movie Love and Monsters?
Love and Monsters is a 2020 American monster adventure film directed by Michael Matthews. Shawn Levy and Dan Cohen produced it. It was originally going to receive a wide theatrical release by Paramount Pictures in March 2020 but the studio opted to release the film digitally. Netflix handled its international release in 2021.1 Well, I am not an English movie lover so you may ask why did I watch this one.
Detox Friday sessions at Blogchatter
Well, these Friday video call sessions are truly refreshing and started recently at Blogchatter. All team members discuss their opinion on a particular topic. Good, bad, funny, annoying, and every emotion is discussed in these calls. It brings us closer to each of the members and helps us understand them better.
It also brings us closer to the weekend and lightens the workload. So the movie Love and Monsters was also a movie recommendation for the last week. While I am not a fan of the dystopian world but to keep my point ahead in the discussion, I should have valid points to support my views. Hence I watched the movie and was ready with my ratings.
Learnings from the movie Love and Monsters
As I progressed with the movie, strangely I started liking it. There were a few learnings I actually observed and yes, they relate to your life. Here you go:
- Your tribe will always be your tribe only. You may leave them for your own aspirations but whenever you want to come back, be it after a success or a failure, they always welcome you warmly.
- Till the time, you are with your tribe, they will always protect you. They may give the first lessons of life but you will live under their umbrella only.
- When you are out of your shell, you start living life. The strangers you meet give you the real situations to apply those first lessons and teach you so much more.
- We often run after things and people that we feel are important in our life. But much later, we realize that those people have moved on. It’s only the imagination that plays with our minds.
- Your mistakes only give you a way ahead in life. They make you even stronger.
Other’s opinions were equally interesting
While the discussions went on, I agreed with others’ opinions as well. Like:
- Every living creature demands love and warmth be it a monster.
- There is always an emotion, love or hate that becomes a reason to come out of your comfort zone and makes you ready to face life’s challenges.
- In the most stressful situation also, if you pause for a moment and relax a bit, it calms you. You are energised to move on.
Well, all thanks to the team for recommending Love and Monsters from where I gathered so many good life lessons. Also, our Friday discussions made the movie even more enjoyable. So if you are thinking about what to watch this weekend, Love and monsters is a fun and light movie to enjoy with your buddies.
Watch it here
- Love and Monsters. (2022, September 15). In Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_and_Monsters_(film)