A world without art is like a body without a soul
Art describes everything and it’s evident in every form. You can learn any form of art and make it your life. Art has the magic to soothe your senses and bring you back from dark phases of life. Have you ever imagined this world without art? Is there a way we can survive without a pinch of art in our lives?
The world without art is impossible
You may not realise but you are connected to some sort of art in life. You need not be an artist to include art in your life. Art is found in many ways:
- When you sit idle or watch TV and you have a pen and paper by your side, you start scribbling without any purpose. That’s called Doodling.
- When you put something more or less in a recipe by mistake and fix it before it beautifies your dining table. You possess qualities of a perfect cook.
- You may not be a writer or an author but when you are overwhelmed and you pour out your feelings on a paper, you are doing it in the form of an art.
- Your children/spouse/friends may need an advice on something. You share your opinion that clarifies their thought and you become a mentor.
Without art your body is lifeless
Art in any form is an integral part of our well being. We want our children to learn a form of art when they are in their growing years so that it becomes a part of their future life.
- Art gives you a purpose in life ahead. You may have clear goals but stress always try to surround you in some form. That’s when art helps you de-stress.
- Just thinking about your art form or researching more on the form refreshes you.
Recently when I joined back Bharatanatyam classes after a gap of 22 years, I couldn’t thank God for more. It was an art instilled in me by my grandmother when I was growing. At that time, I was not very much interested and thought of it as another task in my daily schedule. Gradually, it became a part of me and I didn’t realise when I had stopped practising.
But now things are different. Today, if I have added an old passion to my current lifestyle then I am pretty serious about it. I take out time from other things to practice Bharatanatyam. It gives me the purpose to be happy even in stressful times. Life is all about challenges. Every day is a task unless you see a purpose ahead.
This is how art simplifies my living and gives meaning to my existence. Have you revisited any form of art recently?
This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon Aug’21