Did you know that the Cactus plant has benefits for human beings?
The Cactus plant has not received its due share of respect until now in many parts of the world. We have grown up listening to bad luck coming with cactus and so not to keep it inside our homes. I remember being told that it has thorns on its body so it invites quarrels in the house. Also, like many other plants, it is not beautiful. But now, I think maybe the cactus plant has benefits too.
Can we prove that cactus plant has benefits too?
- Cactus is usually a desert plant so it reserves water in it. We need not water it frequently and so there’s a slight relief that even with little water it’s alive. It stores water in its roots, stems and leaves and can survive without water for entire 2 years!
- Its thorns only protect it from extreme climatic conditions and let it survive for long.
- It’s food for many animals like wild pigs and desert tortoises that eat cacti.
- I am surprised to know that it is a staple food in Latin America as cacti are full of vitamins and nutrients.
- Cactus leaves have medicinal properties having antioxidants that help fight cellular damage from cancer. Wow! Cacti is surely a superfood.
Also read: N-Nature
On a positive note
Aren’t we humans like cactus all our lives?
- When we meet a new person, depending upon the physical appearance, we pass judgements with little knowledge about their nature.
- When we don’t talk to someone for long, we make our own stories without listening to another side of the story. We don’t give them a chance to talk.
- We may look hard from the outside but only close people know good things about us.
- When you like someone then only you research more about them and make them friends. This what I did about Cactus and got to know so many benefits.
- Every person is beneficial to mankind in some or another way. It’s just that we need to be patient and observant to understand their feelings.
I usually get this comment from people that when they first met me, they thought I am arrogant and non-friendly only to be proved wrong soon. Maybe I possess cactus properties in me!
Did you meet anybody who’s like harsh from outside but very friendly otherwise?