Can you change your perspective to control your senses? Part 2
In the previous post, we discussed the benefits of changing your perspective to control what you see and hear. I am sure you must have thought about it and unknowingly you will make use of them too. Today, let’s see what happens when you change your perspective to control your senses; tongue, nose and skin.
Control your senses – what you taste
The tongue is one of the important senses in our body and also an interesting one. The taste buds are also responsible for our happiness in many ways. Do you wonder when we are hungry and taste our favourite dish on time, we feel so happy? Alternatively, what happens when we taste something bad? It further triggers our anger.
Changing your perspective helps you manage anger and get things you like.
- Don’t give long gaps between your meals. When we are hungry we pick random things overlooking our favourite dishes repenting later.
- Plan your meals in advance so that you can ready ingredients for your favourite dish and enjoy when you are actually hungry.
- As the old practice goes by sipping coffee, always blow it well before taking the first sip to avoid burning your tongue. It results in mouth ulcers for a day or too.
This way by making small changes in your thinking, you can enjoy tasting your favourite things and be happy.
Changing the way you feel
Feeling here means the feel of touch. The description of your feelings when you touch something hard or smooth. We all like soft and feather-like things to touch but life is not a bed of roses. At so many points in life, you come across hardness around you. Instantly, you crib but with a little wise thinking and changing your perspective towards it, you may positively acquire it.
The main change is in your thinking and controlling what you can control. Once there were two men on hiking when they had to sleep in a tent. The land was rocky beneath the tent and through layers of the sheet also they could feel the hardness when they laid down. One of them kept complaining the whole night and got up with swollen eyes due to tiredness. Whereas, the other man knew the situation and searched a solution.
He sat in a corner where it was less rocky with his bag to support his back. He put on some music that would calm his senses and he could take a power nap.
Worry for things that you can control
When we watch a movie in the hall, during the interval, all sorts of food are delivered at your seat. Now a few dishes you smell good while others you hate. So what do you do? Can you ask the person to stop eating or change his seat? No, you don’t.
Instead, you try to concentrate on your food and enjoy. After all, you all pay equally to enjoy the movie. Things get worse when we overdo them and try to control wrong things.
Remember you have control over your subconscious mind so try to focus on it. The way you think, your brain keeps recording and repeat when the situation is repeated. It’s up to you what you feed in your brain.
The power is always within you. Have you ever tackled a situation bravely when you hated it the most?
Other posts in the series are
- How to train your brain and be powerful in life?
- How can you cut your desires and strengthen will power?
- How to win obstacles that shake your will power?
- How to do things that you just don’t like?
- Why does your subconscious mind fail to give results?
- How can critics make you more productive?
- Can you easily control the senses to empower your goal?
- Can you change your perspective to control your senses?
This is one cause that I have taken up to help everybody. To be free of the slavery of our hearts and to train your brain and get desired results. If you have a cause to champion, follow here