What is the positive outcome of your kid’s online classes?
This pandemic has really affected all of us in the worst possible way. We are still getting used to it now but have accepted it as the new normal. On the brighter side, we have looked up to many good things that are coming across this time. There are many things we are thankful for in 2020 and most recent is kid’s online classes.
I have had my share of frustrations, nagging over less peaceful time for myself but now it is only good days together. My focus has shifted from cribbling on the current situation to accepting it.
The setup of kid’s online classes
Earlier both my kids used to study in different rooms as they wanted to concentrate on their classes. Then they got bored of studying alone just looking at the screen and answering occasionally when their turn comes. Now they study in the same room with headphones on and enjoy being together. If one child’s class finishes, he peeps into another’s screen. Children need each other’s company, be it classmates, friends or siblings. This is evident in these times.
But mind you, classmates taking each other’s turn and buttering ma’am has not reduced. To my surprise, children unmute themselves and snatch each other’s chance to read or answer. May be they are trying to re create classroom atmospere.
So now the school rant starts simultaneously as and when my children see me. But there are still so many lovely things to cherish together.
What brings in the positive result?
- Earlier I used to miss them in between their school hours. Now I am with them during their classes.
- It is fun to have something delicious with your kids in their 15 mins break between the classes. Like I made popcorn and coffee for myself on a rainy day and we all three enjoyed the snack together.
- Online classes can’t bring the best out of each child. But they are the best thing that can happen in these trying times and take forward the education.
- Earlier I used to think what are my children learning in school? Are they understanding what’s taught to them in the class? Wish I could peep in quietly to their class. And see how I can watch them study in front of me.
- Their physical activity has come to zero levels. But now they can sleep an extra hour in the morning and retire to bed an hour late after playing. I love the time before sleep when I with my daughter read books and my son draw and colour something in his art file. Not that he loves to draw but that 20-30 mins before bed is magical.
Close bonds with children
There may be many diverse effects of this pandemic on our lifestyles and children but still I am loving it. I am cherishing every moment spent together with my children. As such also children tend to be busy with their own me time and these days gadget times but I am thankful that I still have many laughing moments with my children. We all are successful in weaving lovely memories together.
How are you spending time with your children?