What are the best ways to involve kids with you?
Kids are an integral part of our lives. You can’t ignore them and can’t even have them every time around when you are busy at work. But, in the current scenario, you can’t help it. When everybody is home then how can you ignore kids? They are our lifelines and we are connected to them. If they are around, we want some ‘me’ time and when they are busy with themselves, we want them to talk to us. Such is the vicious circle of life. Well, when a situation is out of control then we need to find ways to do things positively and fret as less as possible. So let’s discuss some of the best-practised ways to involve kids with you.
Involve kids according to their age
Every age group of the child has different discrepancies. We all know that children are better manageable as they grow. We need to tackle the smaller lots with patience because they are the ones who create the maximum mess and don’t listen. On the other hand, children turning teens are neither much interested to help nor trouble as such. They are happy in their own new-found life.
Personally speaking, when my kids were toddlers, I simply hated to involve them in any household chores. They would just increase my workload by creating a mess all around. But gradually, I learnt that there’s no way out. You are destined to go through all this and kids will never leave you in peace. When they will always cling to you and you don’t have any other choice then it’s better to just do it with them.
Best ways to involve kids with you
- Accept it that they will follow you everywhere so smile and start.
- Whatever you do, give a portion to them also. Don’t expect it to be perfect but yes be ready to see something new out of them.
- Discuss your work with them and ask for suggestions. Their suggestions may not be appropriate but it gives them confidence.
- The most important thing is to listen to them. We all, including me, overhear them. We keep working in the background and show them that we are listening to them. They also ignore it many times but that one time when they catch us, you feel guilty.
- Yes, there are work commitments where you just can’t involve kids. At that time, try to give them 10-15 mins and do what they want you to do. Now, if you ask them to let you work, they will permit happily. Alternatively, you can tell them to do their work along with you. But the latter doesn’t happen with me.
- Explain to them the urgency of your work and hug them. I am sure they will understand. I tried it and posted it on my timeline once.
A mother has numerous ways
Every motherhood has sweet and sour experiences to learn and laugh away as she grows. She has numerous ways to manage kids but her kid has only one way to love her back and that is by hugging her.
How do you involve your kids while you work? Do share some experiences and help others too.
Read other’s post here