Thankful for the year 2019. Achievements-downfall-getting up again
This year just swiped away with a blink. Remembering the first blog of the year and now writing the last one of the year. Our elders always say that good times fly away quickly and we don’t remember it. Well yes, I am extremely thankful to my God for all the lovely things that happened in the year 2019 and giving me the courage to face the bad times by being quiet. No time is good without a pinch of problem. We are what we think. I have modified in many ways, leaving behind the cruelty that makes me weak.
Starting with one at a time
The year 2019 started with the word of the year FOCUS. I am glad I chose this word that kept me focused on my life and things became much clearer. Down six months, I focused on my blog, my writing style and commitments towards my profession and personal as well. I was able to manage my personal blog, other work commitments along with joint family. Not to forget that being in a joint setup, I was able to chase my dreams confidently without fear of losing.
Downfall and getting up again
Yes, I don’t reach my target many times as my focus shifts and I waste time on unnecessary things. I don’t shy away from accepting that I browse social media for no reason when I know I have to finish my pending work. I have to literally drag myself out and by that time I had already wasted half an hour. But there’s more to life than deadlines.
Sometimes it is fun to just sit idle and gaze out when you have work to finish. There’s a sort of energy that fuels your body and get back to routine. My focus was to write regularly and I achieved it.
Proud moments of 2019
- Joined Blogchatter as a team member – Being with the community since 2016 since I started blogging, there’s a sort of attachment with Blogchatter. It is one of the biggest achievement of this year; Like a surprise dream which I never thought of. Blogchatter is a blogging school to me giving fabulous opportunities to grow.
- Finished both writing challenges successfully; A to Z Challenge and My Friend Alexa which boosted my blog health.
- Published my second ebook on Amazon
- Started reading along with writing – I was confused as to how will I start reading again as I used to before kids and family? And this year, I dared to read again with my blogging and teamwork simultaneously.
- Joined Bharatnatyam classes once again after a gap of 22 years. This is the most unbelievable achievement of this year. I had hazy dreams about re-joining Bharatnatyam and here, I am dancing once again.
Believe in thoughts
After joining dance classes, my focus has got more power and my belief in my subconscious mind has become stronger. When positive thoughts turn into successful reality then I have the power to separate myself from negativity as well.
This gave me the strength to improve myself at a personal level. I clearly know the qualities to follow and which bad habits to unfollow. The negative thoughts, I will refrain from are – want, anger, greed, ego and criticism. I am patient enough to accept one quality at a time.
I am gearing up for more energy and enthusiasm to reach much closer to my God and feel him within.
Wish you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020!!!!
This post is a part of ‘DECADE Blog Hop’ #DecadeHop organized by #RRxMM Rashi Roy and Manas Mukul. The Event is sponsored by Glo and co-sponsored by Beyond The Box, Wedding Clap, The Colaba Store and Sanity Daily in association with authors Piyusha Vir and Richa S Mukherjee