Diwali releases a different fragrance in the air
Diwali is one festival that is much awaited throughout the year. It has a special place in my heart. Since childhood, I like this festival for many different reasons. The season itself releases a different fragrance in the air. There is so much excitement in the surroundings. The whole city is on their toes and active everywhere other than social media. The world never sleeps during Diwali week and you get that festive aura at every nook and corner.
The magic in the fragrance around
There are many practices that have become rituals now. And these rituals only sparkle our lives. The main attraction during the festival month is
- Weather: There is a different kind of positivity in the air. After a long humid season, the climate becomes cool and favourable. There is fresh energy wherever you turn around.
- Light: We light candles and there’s brightness all around. The sun feels so warm and comfortable on your skin. This light gives many new opportunities to come in front and problems are solved. The dullness in life vanishes.
- Snacks: There are some snacks that are made especially during this time only. So there’s different excitement in making them. Like snacks, we bring some spice to our relationships too by adding a pinch of spice. We plan small surprises and gifts for each other.
- Sweets: Without sweets, no festival is complete in India. Here, at home, we make besan ke ladoo. And they always turn out to be yummy. Sweetness in behaviour showers love among the family members that resolves the previous conflicts.
- Cards: How can one forget to play cards? It is auspicious to play on Diwali night. Most of the years, we plan a card party at our home. A man’s real nature is reflected through the games he plays while other players observe.
- Clothes: We get new clothes for everyone and lookout to make new friends and relationships. The more we meet new people, we learn new things.
- Rangoli: We make different designs at the front gate, some in the balcony and in front of the temple. It adds many new colours to our life.
- Cleaning: With the cleaning of the house, we clean our hearts also from all the unwanted hatred for people. And learn to let go of the ego within us.
Every aspect of this festival has a charm it leaves behind. Until next year when we wait eagerly and start preparing again with the same enthusiasm.