How can you guarantee a safe childhood for your toddler?
Can you imagine living a life without electricity? Maybe it was possible for people who lived decades back but we cannot imagine spending even a day without electric power. Even the thought of having no electricity might scare you. How can you guarantee a safe childhood for your toddler? However, inverters and UPS batteries come handy when there is a power cut. Be it urban or rural regions, electricity is very important and frequent power outages will definitely be a trouble, especially in summer. Besides summer months, if you have infants or small kids in your home, then power cuts in the evening and night times will be a concern.
Nothing but the safety of your family comes first
A short circuit is dangerous and can lead to electrocution of the building and the people in it. It can be prevented by using high-quality electrical products and inverters. As electrical appliances and products play a major role in our daily lives, we need to make sure there is enough protection from hazards. For instance, each household has common products including microwave oven, TV, induction stoves, phone chargers, extension leads, geysers, air conditioners and more. Make sure the appliances are protected by means of voltage stabilizers.
Unfortunately, the sad reality is that many homeowners ignore the necessity to prevent electrical hazards but it is very important. If you are concerned about the safety of your family members, then you should pay heed to preventive measures in the designing phase itself. It is imperative to keep in mind that electricity is dangerous and can move at great speeds without any odour or sound. And, when the human body comes into contact with a source of electricity, the current will flow through it and result in electric shock. Depending on the voltage and duration of contact, the shock can lead to slight discomfort or death.
Baby proofing shouldn’t be ignored
Most households will have children, be it an infant or a school goer. In that case, the home should be very safe for them to move around and explore. It is common for kids to indulge in activities such as
Children should be let free to do these activities and should not be restricted citing safety as a reason. It is the responsibility of parents to ensure a safe surrounding that is not harmful to kids. When it comes to preventing children from electric shocks, parents should make sure there are no live electrical cables and sockets at a reachable distance. If there are sockets, kids might put their fingers into the holes. So, it is important to baby proof the electrical sockets at home.
As a responsible parent, you should analyse the mentality and inquisitiveness of your child and design your house in such a way that it is shockproof. Of course, supervising kids is important and will prevent them from getting injured but accidents can happen within the blink of an eye. So, the best way to keep electrical injuries at bay is to cover the outlets and insulate wires properly. You should tuck the wires out of reach of children.
Prevent hazards and stay safe
Plan to baby proof your electrical sockets and wires. One option is to use caps to cover the electrical outlets but the hassle is that you need to remove these covers every time you need to use them. Another common option is to keep appliances plugged into the extension boxes and have sockets covered by furniture. If not for these, you can also use inverters with RCCB (Residual Current Circuit Breaker) protection. Such inverters will sense differential current and will shut down power in case of an accidental touch. This way, inverters come handy not only during a power outage but also in preventing hazards such as electrical shock.
But the inverter batteries will run out of power if you use the same continuously, so it is important to choose the best inverter that can last for long. Look for inverter dealers who will provide you with certified quality products. Also, you will get a professional team at your disposal anytime you need assistance. You can ask the experts to know how to stay safe from electrical hazards.