How to say NO without explanation and be happy
Saying ‘NO’ seems to be a big task but it can be simplified. Basically, we associate negative thinking with the word NO. As soon as we say no, we start giving explanations. Have you ever thought that Yes ends with just one word itself without any further excuses? Society calls for all good work and if you disapprove, you doubt yourself. A sense of guilt arises inside you. But there are ways to say No without explanation and be happy!
Saying NO doesn’t need any explanation
- Take the word NO as a positive initiative. You can say no to many bad habits that are injurious to health.
- Say No to bad company and be brave to say it on their face.
- Come out of your guilt and be transparent in saying No
- It is better to be clear at the beginning instead of dragging it till the end.
- You can’t give your 100% to what you don’t believe in or love to carry on.
- Pay attention to your tone as saying No politely is far much better than harshly saying Yes.
- When you believe in yourself and accept to say No, you will not be burdened to say Yes.
- Daily Infographics have given 25 interesting ways to say NO
Reasons you say Yes when you actually mean No
- For the sake of loved ones, you say yes. You fear to hurt them so you give in.
- To avoid arguments, you don’t dare to say No.
- Under peer pressure, you say Yes.
- Out of respect for elders and seniors at work, you agree to them.
You feel happy to say No
You deny for a thing you don’t believe in and you don’t give an explanation. Close your eyes and think for a while. How do we feel? Don’t you fly like a bird in that open sky with your wings widespread? Feel that child within you that shouts to speak the truth. You actually feel happy and light. Yes, it is that simple only.
It is important to first believe that you are correct in saying No in a situation. Follow your heart and analyse what it takes to say no. Like a yes stops there only, give no explanation for saying No. You will never oblige anybody by saying yes. This world will keep expecting from you one situation after another. So think before you speak and let your mind decide not heart.
To be happy is in your hands
It is always you who decide whether to be happy or wait for that time when you may be happy. There is a difference between the two. Be clear in your mind what to do. When you are confused, leave it for that moment. Come back and you will be clear. I agree that there may be emergencies when you can’t take a call but nature decides what is good for you.
You need the courage to say no and it takes time. It doesn’t come overnight. The people may feel disheartened at the moment but given a chance they will understand you. At least, it gives you a sense of satisfaction. And your confidence will make the other person respect your decision.
Try it for once and you will definitely feel happy. It was not easy for me but I am in a much happier state now.