Best way to start your day and be happy
What is that one thought that comes to your mind as soon as you get up? The mind runs a million times faster than you can think of. There is always something running in the subconscious mind even in sleep. Therefore, the second you wake up, there are tasks to finish the following day. So many things to do in 24 hours but start your day calmly. Let me share with you the best way to start your day stress-free and be happy. You may relate to many things I do.
Mom starts her day differently
If you are a mom then the world is different for you and so are the tasks. But every mom is intelligent today and manages her day well. The only mantra is to start your mornings wisely.
- The most important point is to stop looking at parenting as a never-ending task/job. Make small milestones and be happy to accomplish it. Don’t think of next to do list, otherwise, it will never end and you will always be on a constant run.
- As soon as you get up, sit for a while with eyes closed. Think of your God and thank Him for every breath you take. Then open your eyes and look into your palms, your own destiny. My grandma used to say this because we often say ‘pata nahi kiska chehra dekha aaj subah ki aisa din nikla’. To this, she suggested seeing your own face in your palms.
- If you have a window in your room that opens to nature, just open it and breathe in the fresh breeze.
- Don’t rush to the washroom thinking that sitting for a while will delay you.
- Get up 10 minutes early to feel the peace within.
Keep mobile and negative thoughts away to be happy
Never switch on the mobile during this time. No work is important than your peaceful mind. This time you have taken out of your sleep so don’t waste on mobile. I understand the urge to check updates on mail and WhatsApp but believe me it is like an ocean. You start browsing and you never know where did all the time go and nothing productive came out of it.
When alone also, our mind is full of negative thoughts by default. One or the other person is always fighting to be in our thoughts. Many times we make our own arguments and start feeling negative for the person.
Stop at once and chant the name of your God, favourite person’s name or listen to the music that soothes your senses. Meditate in your favourite place. If you examine closely, there is a corner at home that gives you positive vibes. A place you often like to spend time alone. Sit here for a while and be quiet. There is so much to hear from the silence.
Your first hour of the day decides your whole day
If it is a school day also, set your alarm 10 minutes earlier to have that peaceful mind. Dont think of the schedule ahead but do your most favourite thing in this time. Like, I am eager to take bath the first thing in the morning and chant my God’s Name for a few minutes.
I am also swarmed by negative thoughts when quiet but I keep pushing them away. The peace we are in search is already within. But we have overloaded emotions and our mind is not free to sense that peace within.
Like, if we take out all the stuffed clothes from a box, the box is still not empty. The air is there inside the box which we can feel but always ignore.
Same way, when we clear our mind of all the stuffed emotions of people around, we will feel Him within. The only illusion is that we are busy searching Him outside and filling our heart and mind with all things around.
List all your favourite things
Start with one loving habit a day. Carry on doing the next favourite things on days thereafter. Remember you have 10 minutes to think of happy things. Like I sit in the balcony and quietly look into the white sky. After this, I become a robot for a few hours and work within a time limit.
Of course, I fail to reach my deadlines so many times, feel bad but I am practising to be quiet. When things are beyond your control, it is wise to accept it.
Let’s experiment with one thing. Try this 10-minute therapy without any gadget and let me know how you felt. Or tag me on Twitter @thoughtsbygeet