Word of the year 2019 – FOCUS
Every year there is a plan in mind that needs to be focused. There’s nothing new on 1st January every year except that we start searching for areas of improvement within. And make a schedule to follow it. I am no different. I also change my writing habits and my daily schedule all through the year. But wait for the new year to bring that major change in my behaviour because my focus is missing.
Many times I have the work in my hand and the time also to finish it but I just don’t focus and repent later. I wish I had superpowers. And I am going to possess them in 2019. So this year my word of the year is FOCUS. I am writing for the prompt Incredibles – superpowers I would like to get in 2019.
Superpowers I want to get
- Power of Focus – I will practice maintaining my focus. There are so many hindrances in the path of success. And I don’t want to be distracted by them. The focus is on something that needs perseverance. I will possess this power.
- Power of patience – Though I have plenty of it as compared to last year but a sea is never measured in buckets. I need the power to maintain silence and speak at times when it is actually required.
- Power to vent out my anger – This is also a resolution that carries to every next year. Still, some are achieved and a lot is left. I wish to vanish when I get angry. I know the trick to vent out my feelings and control in case of high anger. But I fail more than I succeed. I will focus to maintain my patience and be quiet in unfavourable situations.
- Power to flip the book and the book is finished – I used to finish a normal sized novel in a day or two. But gradually, my speed has gone down terribly. Like a robot, I want to just flip the book and want to finish the book in seconds. I have billions of book to read but not able to schedule it with my writings.
- Power to increase the duration of a day – As a mother, there are fewer hours but so much work to finish. Apart from managing home and kids, there is still so much to achieve but the day ends. I want to power the day this year. I want to focus on doing more in less time.
Focus is the key to success
Every superpower needs proper focus. In order to achieve goals, I need to schedule myself accordingly. Every deadline is important and every deadline needs intensive focus. Without focus there is no meaning of superpower. A slight shift of focus leads to deadliest of time wastage.