Make your blog healthy with My Friend Alexa
The time has come again when we can actually look forward to participating in the My Friend Alexa campaign. This campaign is a festival in its own term. With Blogchatter as the leading team, there are plenty of fun and learning sessions. Most importantly, it benefit your blog from your own efforts.
What is Alexa
Founded as an independent company in 1996, Alexa has been owned by the company Amazon since 1999. Its toolbar collects data on Internet browsing behaviour and transmits them to the Alexa website, where they are stored and analyzed. This is the basis for the company’s web traffic reporting, including its well-known Alexa Rank.
- You need to write 2 posts per week; 8 posts in the month. This is the minimum number required but you can write any number of posts.
- There is no particular theme. You can write about anything you are comfortable with.
- There will be linky provided by Blogchatter every week where you can link your posts and find other people’s post.
- Blogchatter will provide a reading list weekly to keep things easier for you. Keep a check on your emails.
- It is better to have a strategy before you start the campaign. The strategy is just simple ideas you want to write on and prepare some posts in advance.
- This way you will get enough time to read other’s post and build a community.
The fun begins
Any campaign with Blogchatter is always a fun. They are not the teachers but leaders. They gain the knowledge and pass it on to you. In this campaign too, they will give learning sessions and host Twitter chats throughout the month. They will give you a list of blogs to read. Reading along with writing raises your Alexa bar. The simple funda is when you will read then only others will read yours, else who is bothered in this busy world?
The reading list gives a chance to explore many new and different blogs. Some of them become favourite for a lifetime. And we end up becoming friends. There is always something different to learn from other’s writing. Based on this principle, Blogchatter never advice to read a particular post but any post from that particular website. Every reader has his/her own choice.
Unique Hashtags for reading and writing
This is the best time to create a unique hashtag and make it a trend. The reading hashtag is posted every time you read a blog and share it on any social media platform. Similarly, when you write your post and share it on social media platform, you will post it with your writing hashtag.
Like my reading hashtag is #geetcaptures
and writing hashtag is #lucidgeet
Unique hashtags give you the exact lists of posts you have written so far and how many posts have you read so far. You can well match the numbers to your benefit.
Remember to add #MyFriendAlexa hashtag with every share on social media platforms during this campaign.
Note down your Alexa ranking on 1st September when you start this campaign. Next
Maintaining the rank even after
Reading always means reading, commenting on the blog and sharing it on any social media handle. This way only the writer would know you have read, commented and shared. This sharing will help to
As said in a community, when you help others, they help in return. This is the law of nature and now of blogging too
See you in September!!