Swimming with your child and precautions
During summers, the first thing that comes to our mind is Heat. The climate becomes so unpredictable that we always want to be near water or drink as much water as possible. We keep looking for different options to keep ourselves cool. And the best is to swim. Being a mother to two, it is not easy to take out time for just yourself and enjoy what you love. In fact, it is best to swim with your child.
Tips for swimming with the child
Swimming is great when accompanied by children. But there are few tips to simplify swimming with kids.
- Check the temperature of pool water yourself before you let your child go in. The temperature should neither be too hot nor too cold. Watch them for few minutes when they start swimming. If they shiver, immediately bring them out and wrap them in warm towels. Hug them and make them comfortable.
- While taking precautions for kids, do check the chlorine content in the water. It should not be high that may burn the child’s skin.
- Remember to give your child a clean water bath to wash off all the chlorine from the body. Then apply a good moisturizer or probably a sunscreen.
- The tiles around the pool are often slippery. Teach your child to be careful while walking on them. This is one of the major tips for swimming with a child.
- The child should not have their meal just before swimming. There should be a gap of at least 3-4 hours before they swim.
- Also, be prepared with interesting snacks as they would be very hungry as soon as they finish.
When can baby swim for the first time?
This is an on-going concern whenever a mom wants to get back to swimming and her child is not old enough. According to sources, a child can start swimming as early as 6 months old. It is most advisable to take proper swimming lessons for babies before you start. We may not be aware of precautions to be taken while giving swimming lessons to babies and toddlers.
Why should we introduce swimming to our child?
- Familiarity with water– Swimming teaches your child to be comfortable in and around water. In any case of emergency, they will not panic instantly.
- Fitness- Major Body muscles are used while we swim. It is the best aerobic activity to keep the heart pumping. There are low chances of injuries in water.
- Health– It keeps a check on child obesity that may lead to juvenile diabetes also.
- Confidence and motivation– There are so many fun activities to be done in water while you swim. But you need to be confident with your swimming lessons to enjoy the most. When you try hard and succeed, your motivation levels become high.
Being a mother is a tough job, I am sure every mother agrees to it. But the fun part is that we have the ability to break complex things into simpler and enjoyable activities
It is birthday month at SlimExpectations as #SlimTurns3. The celebrations have just started! So taking the contest ahead, please find the prompts for the contest below. You have to write only 1 blog (min 350 words) for the contest.
- if you are a beauty blogger – you will write about how you review the products. Please feel free to add a link to your own website.
- But, if you are a whizz in parenting, blogging, social media then you can write a post on that (for e.g) How to start a free word press blog, How to raise kids with screen time etc.
- Early morning exercise is the best motivation
- His (life partner/ boyfriend) togetherness has made me wise.
- Kids teach us that patience is the best saviour
- Look around- There is gratitude everywhere
- You can even choose from one this picture prompts and write your blog post