Travelling with kids made easier
You can take the whole world with you and still something or the other would always be missing when you are travelling with kids. When the kids are not satisfied with the things at home then how is it possible to keep them happy while travelling? But as it is said, when something has to happen will happen on time. So like a supermom, leave the tension behind and just pack your bags for a fun-filled vacation. I will help you with tips and tricks.
What do kids love to carry?
- Research on your child’s habit- What is that one thing that keeps your kid busy for hours or for a longer period? Observe your child at home and pack that item with you. Like my daughter is happy with her books and diary’s and my son is happy to play with small toy cars.
- Take that favourite pair of clothes– Our travel bags may be fully filled with kid’s clothes. But have you imagined that there’s always that one pair of clothes, your child wears day after day? His/her favourite top or jeans? When you want peace during your trip, keep that dress and make them wear whenever they want. Even if they are heavily soiled they would love to wear them. I know this is not always possible but this is just a passing phase. Remember we also have a favourite pair of jeans that we wear every other day without even washing.
- Carry their favourite biscuits and chips– Always buy beforehand and don’t wait for the trip to start. You may not get that particular brand once you cross the border while on road. Instead, refill again before it is about to finish. And never share with them or think to finish because they are not consuming it. Kids will remember that they left a particular packet unfinished and that now you have eaten it. This is the most dangerous situation to tackle.
- Tell your kids to pack their individual sling bags with their favourite stuff. They can carry their bags themselves and should be responsible for them. Some duties for some time will keep them busy.
- Keep a surprise for them- Secretly buy a thing of their choice for the harder times. When kids are totally bored of all the things with them and throw uncontrollable tantrums, this surprise may be helpful. My husband gives his mobile to our 5 years old boy to make him quiet. And I just hate it! That’s why I keep searching different ways to keep him busy.
Every child is different and they behave differently in age. When they grow they become sensible and friendlier.