Being judged-Not anymore
This Independence Day I want to talk about all the mothers of this nation. I want to give freedom to all those who are being constantly judged on their way of motherhood.
Are you being judged?
There are plenty of issues where mothers are being judged on daily basis. On every thing they do, comments and advice are being passed on. Learning from is good but listening to comments on your every move is highly irritating. There are numerous of them I have been gone through and even today go through. I am being judged because
- I don’t have a maid for my children and I personally take care of them. Yes, I am not ashamed that I am raising my kids all by myself. And this is possible because I live in joint family. Although, in joint families also, they have maids around my locality because the elders are not very much interested in taking up the whole responsibility.
- I don’t take my kids to extra curricular activities. Yes, my kids are not less intelligent if they are just going to school and coming back. We enjoy the afternoon nap we all take together and spend the time together in the evening. We three, me and my two kids, enjoy the time by catching up on classwork and homework if any. And of course, they watch cartoons too with limited screen time.
- I don’t go to kitties. Yes, I don’t like to meet the ladies whom I don’t get along well. Just because going to kitty parties every month would make me a socialite, I can’t bear those bitchy talks where I am not concerned. I am a homely person who loves to spend time with her laptop and family and I love the way I am.
- I didn’t make them wear diapers at night. When my kids were small, I made them wear cotton nappies at night for their comfort. Yes, I had to get up so many times but I knew it was worth it. My kids were toilet trained early and I got the benefits of my sacrifices.
- I don’t make a routine for their sleeping patterns. When they are being driven like machines all weekdays for school, they need to be humans on holidays. Yes, I don’t tell them when to sleep and when to get up and let them enjoy their weekends. Above all, it is a de stress time for me too as I am the one waking up with them and sleeping with them.
The judgements have not stopped but my answerability has definitely stopped in the past 9 years of my motherhood.