D-Detachment

1. Detachment is a funny thing.While it gives some protection against emotional hurt ,it also makes you unable to enjoy true meaning of love and life. Thank you for writing with us for #MondayMommy Moments

Yes you are correct Amrita. For enjoying small joys of life, we turn towards our family and kids only. Thanks for commenting

2. archana says:

Liked your post and the images. I am on a seeking mission myself and detatchment and renunciation are the biggest roadblocks. Quoting my Gurudev here ” When the child is a baby, the parents buy her many toys. But as she grows to become a teenager, do we not want her to outgrow the toys and develop academic pursuits? There was a time when we happily gave her toys, but would certainly not like a fifteen-year-old girl, to carry her childhood teddy bear to school! Similarly in life, we have to grow out of desire for the lower and seek the higher and subtler. We need to distance ourselves from the ‘toys’ of the world.” Thus by making our source of happiness, our goal higher, we can transact yet remain detached.Of course, easier said than done.
    Check out my post for today as well

I truly agree with you Archana. I am happy to be connected with you over this challenge. Looking forward to learn alike things from you in this journey. Thanks for commenting

I have conditioned myself like that – i can detach from anything anyone quickly, exception being my son, though.

4. Neha says:

Detachment is a tough feat to achieve

5. That’s a great post, Geethica. I try my best to be detached. But sadly, I get affected by the smallest of things. Long way to go, I suppose!
    Thailand Travel Stories at Kohl Eyed Me
    26 Indian Dishes at Something’s Cooking

We all have a long way to go dear. But all least we can detach from the smallest of things to start with. Thanks for commenting

6. An@m! says:

Detachment is the real root of all miseries. So simple yet so hard to practice detachment. It becomes easy by meditating. Vipassana is the technique by which Gautam Buddha attained “Nirvana” and which helps us to learn detachment. For more info : http://www.dhamma.org

7. shalzmojo says:

Detachement is what the yogis and gurus preach to reach your higher self; good writing G. I enjoyed reading the quotes too!

8. Makes a lot of sense to me buddy and I agree most of our pain roots from the deep sense of attachment. I am going to surely practice detachment for a day as per your advice.
    Truly Yours Roma

9. Fear of Uncertainty and anxiety are god’s way of keeping humans humble by telling us to practice Detachment. That’s a nice post !!

10. I am learning the art of detachment and life is more calm, and richer, as I detach myself.
    Which is why I could empathise with your post, Geethica. Very nice.
    Mayuri

11. Chaotic Soul says:

Ahhh loved your post on Detachment! I am going to try today to be detached and take what the Universe has to offer to me!!!
    Quite an eye opener!!!
    Ashmita Chatterjee,
    Chaoticsoulzzz

12. adodani says:

Beautifully expressed. To some it’s a struggle, to most it’s an exam. Lovely post 🙂