Bengaluru or the whole India?
Molestation, eve-teasing, rape are the words echoing in my ears since childhood. I don’t know were there news more 25 years back or are they now in the present. I, as a woman first then a mother of a girl, can never understand where to start from. This is the shame of our country. This is the mindset of the man in India. But why is it so? And who is to be blamed?
Bengaluru molestation case
When you get up to a nerve-wracking news early on the first of the year, what more do you expect? Frankly speaking, now I have stopped reading such incidents. They just sadden me more. And I have discussed almost every aspect with my family members?
- The first day the newspapers are blaming the crowd.
- The next day they say it was not the case of molestation but of over crowdedness where both men and women were harassed.
- Further next, the news fade away.
- This is the result almost every time.
Why does it happen? How can this be controlled?
- The first and the foremost cause is no fear of punishment among the people. Our law is not strict enough. And the case is always pending for years. Once the law becomes strong enough, offenders will automatically think twice to commit such crime.
- If I am to give the judgement, the offender should be hanged till dead as soon as he is proved guilty. The fear of death will perspire him before he thinks to commit such a crime.
- The mindset of the man. The way he looks at a girl, woman, or any age group. When they are born from a woman only, then why is there a need to teach them to respect that lady? The respect should be instilled since their birth only.
- If I have to teach them, I will tell them to first pray to all Goddesses and learn the fact that the women are only their forms on earth.
- The environment at home is one of the major causes. Boys look up to their elders to understand the existence of woman. How women are addressed should be taught from initial years only.
- The men should respect the lady at home first. Respect should start from self only. The young boys watch their elders and make an impression on their mind.
- Ladies, particularly actresses and the aspiring ones, in the media have spoiled the Indian culture.They have started exposing their bodies too much which is not correct. Those ladies are protected within a set of people around them But what happens to the people who watch them. And most importantly how do they take this in their minds. Many polluted categories of men feel to touch and want to be with those ladies which they can’t. As a result, they are frustrated and this frustration is taken out on the ladies they can find around them. Are we ladies commodity that they use? Can they treat us anyway? Their way?
- I agree that girls should not be judged by the way they dress up. And girls wearing Indian clothes are also teased and raped. But the culprits who are frustrated watching the girls on television pounce upon the ladies on road. Then they are not concerned about the background or the dressing. That time they see the woman just as a product.
- This crime has increased so much and is still increasing. This vast number cannot be controlled by a single authority or by a single remedy but all in a whole.
The views expressed here are my personal opinions and are not meant to hurt anybody’s sentiments.